A beef stew has all of the autumn feels as the weather starts to cool off. This stew has a wonderful flavor added by a good beer of your choice. A dark ale, stout, or porter works well with this beef stew. Guinness is a good option to try unless you already have a personal favorite. I enjoy this stew served over a bed of roasted vegetables such as baby potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, and brussels sprouts.
YIELD: SERVES 4
prep time: 10 MINUTES | cook time: 60 MINUTES | total time: 70 MINUTES
- 1 pound lean beef
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped 1-inch chunks
- 12 oz beer
- Add oil to skillet and heat.
- Cut meat into 1-inch strips and brown in hot oil.
- Add mushrooms, onions, and beer to skillet with meat.
- Cover skillet and simmer for 60 minutes until meat is tender.
- Gently stir and serve over egg noodles, spaghetti squash, or a variety of roasted veggies.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
Per serving: CALORIES 190; PROTEIN 19.3 g; CARBOHYDRATES 16.8 g; FAT 4.5 g
This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only.