Ever since I was a child, this has been my favorite dinner. My mom would serve this over rice and with honey drizzled biscuits. According to my mom, my uncle Rick frequently enjoyed eating leftovers served on toast the next morning.
YIELD: SERVES 6
prep time: 5 MINUTES | cook time: 50 MINUTES | total time: 55 MINUTES
- 1 pound lean beef
- 1/4 cup flour seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1 package frozen peas
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Add oil to skillet and heat.
- Cut meat into 1-inch strips, dredge in flour mix, and brown in hot oil.
- Add onions, broth, thyme, and mushrooms to skillet with meat.
- Cover skillet and simmer for 45 minutes until meat is tender.
- Add peas to skillet, cover and cook an additional 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in sour cream; heat but do not boil.
- Gently stir and serve over cooked rice.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
Per serving: CALORIES 270; PROTEIN 22.9 g; CARBOHYDRATES 17.7 g; FAT 12.1 g
This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only.