This dinner is easy and quick to cook on a busy weeknight. Serve this protein packed creole over rice, add a side salad, your favorite fruit, and a slice of garlic bread to concoct a crowd pleasing meal.
YIELD: SERVES 4-6
prep time: 5 MINUTES | cook time: 25 MINUTES | total time: 30 MINUTES
- 1 pound shrimp, medium
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 3-4 medium celery stalks, chopped
- 4 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 6-7 drops Tabasco sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- Chop onion, green pepper, celery, and mushrooms if needed.
- Heat skillet over medium heat and add butter.
- Once butter is melted add onion and cook until translucent.
- Add chopped green pepper, celery, and mushrooms to skillet. Cook until the peppers and celery are slightly tender, approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, Tabasco sauce, and sugar to the skillet and simmer until mixture begins to thicken, approximately 15 minutes.
- Add shrimp and cook for 5 minutes.
- Gently stir and serve over cooked rice.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
Per serving: CALORIES 119; PROTEIN 20.3 g; CARBOHYDRATES 9 g; FAT 3.9 g
This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only.